Do you run a small, medium or large business? Does your business have a website? It is 2021, an era of everything online and if your business still lacks visibility in the internet world, you’ve got some serious worries. Among various reasonable and crucial things in a business, there comes the requirement of a website. The first thing that a potential customer does is head straight to the internet and look for your business website online. It doesn’t matter if your business is small or large, visibility and credibility are two of the most important things for any business.
Many business owners might be unaware of the fact that today almost 80% of consumers look for a product online before they actually go to buy it. And if your website has been optimized well for the search engines, that customer might end up buying that particular product from you. Now imagine if you weren’t up on the internet, you would have lost that customer.
The traditional sales and marketing techniques may get you a good number of customers but having a professional website will generate even more sales. Many people rely upon the usual business operations and having a website is the last thing on their mind. But what most of them don’t realize is that a website is an inexpensive and effective sales and communication tool.
How does a website benefit your business?
Let’s talk about the benefits that a website brings to the table.
- Your presence at all times isn’t requiredA website is a tool for your business to be able to communicate with the customers. You might not be available at some odd hours but your website is always up there to answer every query that the customer has. This means that your business is always running even if you’re not.
Say, you have a physical store that sells cupcakes to the customers. Your store is abuzz with customers visiting your store to buy the delicious cupcakes you make and sell. However, a physical store has its own limitations. There are limitations of store opening and closing time, workers and helpers on a leave and what not. Heads up! You’re losing your customers. Imagine, you put the same business online and decide to sell cupcakes online. Customers can visit your online store and place an order for your delicious cupcakes anytime and anywhere, be it midnight or a national holiday. Your store is now always open and accepting orders. You saved bunch of lost customers and often adding new to your list. See the difference!
- Creates an online presenceSure you have a presence in the physical world but is it fair for your business to not have a brand image online? People associated with your business such as customers, partners and investors should have an easy access to your business. The only way for them to reach out to you online is through your business website. Thus, you create an online existence of your business and let it proliferate.
- A website covers every aspect of marketing for your businessIt is also adequate to say that a website helps your business gain an easy and a higher ROI than any other form of advertisement. It is the most effective way of marketing and is also the best way to have an online identity or presence. The impact of visualized content is far more than any other content because pictures serve as a proof of your business. Your business website can readily offer brochures, catalogues and other information about your products and services. All this information can be certainly updated as soon as a change is derived in the business, establishing a dynamic business.
- Increased reach of marketHaving a website gives you the opportunity to create a wider impact on the market. As many people visit your website, there’s a rise in the sales and thus, your reach in the market also expands. In addition to it, the chances of extending your services to the global market also increases. Also, in case of products and services, recommendations & referrals work well for your online business. If planned well, your website can be effectively used to convey authority and trust to potential customers.This helps the customers to have a better vision of your business, boosting the chances of them converting into a successful lead. Your website is like a star-employee for your business who works 24×7 without demanding a paycheck, whatsoever.
- Let your competitors see the face of the earthIf your competitor has a website and you don’t, there’s no question that your customers will go to your competitor because they are likely to find them more trustworthy. The presence of your website makes it possible for the customers to have faith in your business and they would always know where to come back if something falls apart. You put your products and services on your website and let your customers choose if they’d like to do business with you and this creates a trusted customer base. Talk about authority, your website holds it firm for your business.
Getting Started with building a business website
To start with, it may feel a little more daunting to an end-user, as to how to get your website up and running. It is rather easy to get started. You can do it yourself if you know the how-to or to keep costs down, you can ask a friend to help, or you can hire a professional Web developer to do it for you at a modest cost.
If you have a basic knowledge of how things work behind the scenes with web development and want to kick start with your website, you would rather want to consider using a Content Management System. This will also help you control the costs and also handles the major load for you. If you’re just starting out, or if you value ease of use, customization and performance, then WordPress is for you. WordPress is continually evolving and powers most of the websites on the internet today. Click here to read why do we recommend WordPress as the first choice when choosing a CMS for your business website.
Today when almost every individual is already using a smartphone, a laptop and is present on at least one of the many social media platforms, it is a bane for your business to not have a website. The rate of growth in terms of sales, money and customers is predicted to crawl when you refrain from having a website and escalate rapidly when you have one. A website is not a luxury item for your business, it is rather a requirement to achieve tremendous growth and success.